Order of Submission, Peer-Reviewing and Publishing
- All the papers, submitted for publication in the "South-Russian Musical Anthology" journal, undergo reviewing and approval by the Editorial Board.
- The manuscript submitted to the editors is subjected to initial review and verification for compliance to the topics of the journal and formal editorial requirements. If the paper doesn’t comply with the subject-matter of the journal it excludes from further consideration, the author is to be notified about it.
- Then the paper is assigned for reviewing to an expert, who is a member of the Editorial Board (internal review). The paper can also be submitted for evaluation to an independent expert (external peer review). All the reviewers are to be the acknowledged experts on the subject of the reviewed materials and have publications on the subject of the reviewed article published not later than in the period of the past 3 years. Reviews are kept at the publishing house and the editorial office for 5 years. The editorial office will send the authors copies of the reviews or submit motivated rejection. Also the Editorial Board shall send copies of reviews to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation when requested.
- Review process is anonymous for the referee as well as for the author (blind review).
- After reviewing the article may be rejected, sent to the author for revision, or accepted for publication.
- The review should include:
- General evaluation of the paper’s content and principal judgment on whether it could be published in the journal;
- The specific enumeration of errors in the methodology and tools (if any);
- Suggestions for improving the text.
- Upon receipt of a positive conclusion of the referee the paper is placed in the portfolio of Editorial Board for further publication. Editor in Chief should inform the author about it.
- Upon receipt of an unfavorable verdict of the reviewer the paper is discussed on the working group meeting of the Editorial Board, which makes a decision on rejection of the article or the need for further review by an independent expert.
- In case of paper’s rejection, the author receives a notification letter signed by the Editor in Chief of the journal.
- The final decision on the publication of the paper and approval of the total contents of the journal’s issue are adopted at a meeting of the Editorial Board.
- The procedure for review and approval of articles is from 1 to 1.5 months, further articles are published in order of priority. The Editorial Board may decide on an extraordinary publication of the paper.
- Preparing an article for publication undertaken by the editors includes normal literary editing and fine-tuning of the text according to the internal editorial standards adopted for the journal. All the changes made by the editors are to be agreed by the author.
Set the text of the article is in MS Word Times New Roman font, font size 14, line spacing-single; page margins: top, bottom, left and right 2.5 cm; automatic hyphenation, justification "width". The size of the article is permitted in two formats: 10 pages or 12.5 pages per specified parameters, including music score examples, illustrations, maps, appendices, notes, references, abstracts and key words.
Surname and the initials of the author as well as the full name of the organization should be given in the beginning of the article. The end of the article lists the surname, name and patronymic, place of employment, position and scientific degree of the author.
Links are placed after the main text (Endnotes) in the form of Notes (font size – 12, line spacing single).
The references are given within the text in square brackets (e.g. [11, P. 15]). All the highlights inside quotes are specified in square brackets: [author's emphasis. – ....] or [italics mine. – ....].
Diagrams, tables, pictures, figures are to be numbered and titled (contain headers or captions).
Illustrations, music score examples are to be performed by computer graphics or notographics. Dialed musical text is to be converted into the format of images with a resolution of 600 dpi. Musical score example should be accompanied by information located in the following order: left – continuous numbering (example No. 1, and so on), right – surname, initials, title, part, etc. Supporting information should be typed in MS Word, font size 12.
The article should be accompanied by the separate file, which includes the information about the author: surname, name, patronymic, contacts; the full name of the job; work or home address; phone and email address.
Abstracts and keywords
Amount: from 150 to 250 words.
The abstract should include a brief repetition of the structure of the article, including the introduction, aims and objectives, methods, results, conclusion. Abstract will be published independently, in separation from the main text and, therefore, the content of the article should be understandable without reference to the publication. The subject, topic and purpose of the article are to be included in the abstract in the case they are not clear from the title of the article.
The title of the article and the information contained in it should not be repeated in the text of the abstract.
Amount of keywords: 5–10 words.
If the material giving is not in English, you should present the English version of the abstract, keywords and author information.
The Editorial Board has the right to modify the abstract and author information or to order a new variant of the text to the stuff translator.
Information about the author
Information about the author is a short text, not more than 100 words. It is necessary to provide the following information:
a) your job and position related to your research interests;
b) brief information about your education, scientific degree (if you are a graduate or postgraduate student, given only the name of your university and subject);
c) your recent achievements (publications, lectures, conferences, concerts).
According to the All-Russian Attestation Committee’s requirements, every article should include references (from 5 to 15 items). In the output of the references you must specify the total amount of pages (for books) or page range (for articles).
If there are references in languages not of Roman (Latin) alphabet, the article is to have the second variant of the References, in which all the list of the references should be given in transliteration to Roman (Latin) alphabet.
Free transliteration is available at: //translit.ru/ (you should choose the translate system of Congress Library – LC).
In addition, for all the titles of the articles, books and collections that are originally not in English, should be given English translation, which is placed in square brackets.
Authors take full responsibility for the accuracy and reliability of the reported information, quotations, references, and bibliography.
The procedure for consideration and publication of articles
The journal accepts for publication unreleased (in printed or electronic form) materials. The originality of the received text is verified using the electronic system “Antiplagiat”. The materials are to be considered for the correct submission of all the necessary data (information about the author, abstract, keywords and references). The articles, which feature requirements and are submitted without accompanying materials, would be unconditionally rejected by the editors.
Following the norms of scientific ethics, the author submitting the text for consideration in various editions simultaneously, should notify the editorial office of our journal. If such a warning in advance is not made, the duplicative text will be recorded by the system “Antiplagiat”, and unscrupulous author will be added to the "black list". It means that his/her materials will not be accepted by the editors for consideration in the future.
After the acceptance every article is to be registered by the Editorial Board; after this, the text is assigned a unique number and is defined journal issue in which publication is to be made.
After defining the thematic profile of the received article, the Chief Editor of the journal directs it to the independent reviewer specialist in the relevant field. When you get negative feedback, the text is sent to another reviewer. Two negative reviews are to be the reason for rejection of the article.
If the publication of material admitted to the review is possible only after the thorough revision and correction of the text, the latter is sent to the author. In such case the author should prepare an improved version of the article not later than the deadlines. In addition, the Editorial Board has the right to make necessary changes and corrections of a local character, suggested by the reviewer (reviewers). Similar corrections are permitted in connection with the process of scientific and literary editing.
Upon completion of all the editorial work, layout of the published articles will be sent to the author for review. The editorial office will notify the author about the release of the magazine by e-mail within 3–5 days since the receipt of the copies.