Formation of theatre business in Novocherkassk and Rostov-on-Don: 1840–1870s
The article points out the theatre played exclusively important role in culture of Russian culture of the XIXth century. The theatre was a peculiar mirror in which a cultural level of this or that social environment was reflected. The theatre became also an «appearance in world» place, criterion of ethical standards and rules formation. In fact, it was the main cultural centre of a society. Before opening of stationary theatres in Novocherkassk and Rostov temporary provisional companies and actors on tour worked there. Superiority in establishment of stationary city theatre belongs to Novocherkassk. In November, 1857 A. Markovsky-Markov has opened the theatre in a temporary hall of Nobility Meetings. In September, 1858 the Don Army Administration has made the decision on a judgement of theatre as stationary. In Rostov a temporary theatre has appeared from 1840. It was located in one-storeyed wooden building which was constructed by the merchant A. Sadomtsev. The Rostov theatre was received the stationary status in 1863. The first building intended for theatrical performances, was been built not later than 1864 by merchants Drashkovich and Gayrabetov. Development of theatrical business in Rostov from 1865 to 1875 is connected with G. Val’ano’s name. It has become into history of theatre as the translator, the director, the entrepreneur, the most prominent expert and the propagandist of operetta.
the XIXth century, theatre, Rostov-on-Don, Novocherkassk, A. Markovsky-Markov, G. Valyano.